Dr. Tariq Qureshi, M.D., F.A.C.O.G.
Dr. Qureshi, known to all as Tariq, is a highly experienced obstetrician and gynecologist. Born and raised in Pakistan, Dr. Qureshi immigrated to the United States in the early 1990s after practicing medicine in England for four years.
A member of the Royal College of London and American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, he received his medical degree from Nishtar Medical College in Multan, Pakistan. Dr. Qureshi has practiced OB/GYN medicine in Rochester, New York since the completion of his residency at the University of Rochester in 1998.
Dr. Qureshi has extensive experience in both low and high risk obstetrics as well as routine gynecological procedures. He brings talented surgical skills with advanced training in the management of pelvic organ prolapse, hysteroscopic and da Vinci Robotic Surgery. He takes a special interest in the evaluation and treatment of incontinence, infertility, vulvar diseases, and sexual medicine.
Dr. Qureshi is known for treating his patients with the utmost respect, understanding and kindness. He is married to Dr. Anjum Burki and has two children. He enjoys playing squash, biking, traveling and spending time with his family.
- Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan - MD
- University of Punjab, Pakistan - Bachelor of Science
- Chief, Associate, and Assistant Resident - Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Internship - Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Internship - Family Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Fellow, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecology, London, UK
- New York State Medical License
- Rochester General Hospital
- Highland Hospital, University of Rochester
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, London, UK
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- International Urogynecological Society
Academic and Administrative Appointments
- Clinical Associate Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology - University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
Awards and Honors
- Administrative Chief Resident, University of Rochester
- Highland Hospital Faculty Teaching Award
- Obstetrical Perinatology Award
- Dr. Curtis J. Lund Award
- Dr. Ward L. Ekas Award